Effective date: March 15, 2015
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will collect only the minimum amount of information needed to provide our software and services — referred to as “Services”.
Nothing in this policy contradicts the following statements:
- We don’t collect any of your personal information, including, but not limited to, your IP address, other than information you voluntarily provide to us.
- We don’t sell your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
- We will share your personal information with a third party only when it is legally required or necessary under applicable law or to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside of your country of residence, or when reasonably determined to be necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
- We will retain your personal information, excluding any information you make public, for up to 30 days. We will remove any personal information provided by you following your request for removal.
As used in this policy, “Personal Information” is data that can identify a particular person. Aggregate data is not considered Personal Information.
1. Aivvy’s Policy on the Collection of Personal Information and Forms of Communication
Our browser extensions and mobile apps do not collect any of your Personal Information. Unlike most websites, our site does not collect your IP address. And we also do not collect your geo-location.
We may request you to create a username to communicate with us. This info is used only for communication with Aivvy and will be deleted upon request.
Alternatively , you may choose to provide your email address and communicate with us via email.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the end of the newsletter. You can also email email@example.com to update your email address, or to request that we delete your email information.
To improve the Services and your experience on our site, we may collect aggregate usage data from the Services and use non-identifying browser cookies to collect aggregate data like your browser type, your operating system, or the links you engaged with in order to navigate to and from our site. Please note your browser may provide you with information and control over cookies. Cookies, however, are important to the functioning of a site, and disabling them may degrade your experience and interfere with Web site features and customizations.
2. Aivvy’s Policy on the Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
We don’t receive payment in cash or in kind from third parties in exchange for your Personal Information. Further, we don’t allow third parties to collect information about you on our site through cookies or other means.
3. Aivvy’s Compliance with Legal Requirements and Protection
There are a few, rare circumstances when we may disclose your Personal Information, either to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence or to enforce our terms and conditions. In such cases, we may disclose your Personal Information as it is necessary or appropriate to comply with any relevant legal requirements or to enforce our own rights and contracts with users or third parties. In rare circumstances, we may also disclose certain Personal Information when it is necessary to prevent harms to others and their properties in emergency situations. In all instances, we will only share the minimum amount of information necessary to meet the relevant requirements and will inform you of the occurrence and content of the disclosure when legally and practically possible.
4. Aivvy’s Retention and Deletion Policy
You may request to remove any Personal Information you have provided to us. Once a request is received, we will remove the Personal Information from our records within 30 days.
Changes to this policy
We may updated this policy from time to time, with or without notice to you. We will communicate substantive updates to users subscribed to the Disconnect newsletter or to those who submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are encouraged to review the policy from time to time.
You can contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.